Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Big Fat Indian Wedding

My Big Fat Indian Wedding - yes that is what I call this circus! Introducing the joker relegated to one corner - me!!!!!
In this chaos, confusion, raging arguments, need to conformance to stupid traditions, rituals, sacrificing of human emotions on the alter of the need to show off, emotions running way overboard, everybody trying to get their 5 seconds of fame and importance I am uselessly trying to search for happiness and togetherness.
I tie the knot the day after and I already dread my life as a sandwitch between all the different "stakeholders"in my life.
Listening to "The Persecuted Will not Forget" by Testament!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

interestingly, despite all this that every bride groom face in India, things continue the same way...because they have been for donkeys of years.
Nobody dares to question or change things despite such strong emotions!!!

for whom the bell tolls said...

"To be or not to be".... listen to " Pennies from Heavan".